Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year: Reflection and Prayer for the new year

Seriously, I am not normally a resolution kind of gal, but it is a new year and I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on the overwhelming things God has put into motion in my life during 2010, and also put a few "resolutions" down on paper in the form of a prayer. The year 2010 was a year which God really stretched my faith and He began to teach me to listen closely to hear Him speak. He stretched my faith to give more money than I ever thought we would be able to and I cannot even begin to write about all the blessings we saw in return! I cannot wait to give even more in 2011! He asked our family to take a huge step of faith and begin the adoption process. It has been slow going, but I know that He has put into motion in His timing to give us the right child for our family. The past couple days have been busy with cleaning the house for our homestudy scheduled for next week.

Looking ahead to the year 2011, I pray that God opens up more doors of oportunity to share the love of Christ with orphans around the world. I am looking forward to going on the first missions trip planned by Mission 1:27 to the Hillcrest orphanage in Arkansas. I pray that God uses me in ways I never thought possible. I pray that God stretches my faith to give more to missions. I pray that God expands my time, so I can have solitary time to write. I pray that God will open my eyes to the lost of the world and give me creative ways to reach them. I pray that when God speaks, I will listen and obey. I pray that God will protect my children and by some miracle, we will be able to complete our adoption in 2011.  Afterall, we do serve a miracle working God!

I am looking forward to the adventure God has in store for 2011! We serve an awesome and amazing God!

No comments:

Post a Comment