Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My heart for Orphans: Mission 1:27

Today we are launching an e-touch campaign for the orphan care and adoption ministry my husband and I started in our church, so I just want to take a few minutes to share with my followers my heart for orphans around the world. As my husband and I began this journey of adoption, our heart was broken for the destitute, abandoned and abused children of the world. God began to speak to our hearts about doing something to help these children.  It is an amazing story how God has begun to create in us a picture of His love for the world and out of this passion for Him and His heart for children was birthed a ministry called Mission 1:27. Today we were sent a story from one of our missionaries at an orphanage and I want to share a portion of this e-mail with you. For the protection of the children and the missionaries, I am not including the name or the location of the orphanage.

"Today we received two new children. Some policemen found these two little precious out the day before New Year's Eve, alone, trying to keep each other warm next to a concrete wall, on a pile of rubbish out on 15 degree weather. They were left to die.No birth certificate, no identity, they don't exist in our state's eyes. They were poorly dressed with what the employees from the center had brought from home.When our children saw them, they all ran to their closets and brought them clothes and toys.

Of course the clothes were too big and the new children couldn't enjoy the toys, they were too frightened. They are so tiny, beaten (the boy has cigarette burns on his bottom), unfed, never even had a bottle, the only food they are used to is dried out bread. They rather stay squeezed in a corner and can't communicate. I don't know the last time we saw such a pitiful sight. But having them and being able to care for them, blessed our hearts.
If any of you would like to help with the initial needs of these children, these are the following:

We need to run some medical tests, and because they have no id number, it all costs a lot.
We need diapers and shoes. They are so small we need stuff for 1yo and 2yo.

Also we took these children in by faith, the cost of feeding one child is $80 a month"

My heart broke for these children and for the multitudes of children like this around the world. These children need the love of Christ, and one way we can show the love of Christ is by providing for their physical needs. I wish I personally had the funds to help these children. Everytime I hear a story, I want to help; but there is no way I can do this alone. This is why Mission 1:27 exsists. If you would like to help, please go to our website at http://www.mission127.com/ and donate through our secure paypal account or mail a check to the address found on that site. Please know that 100% of your donation will go to help children such as these around the world. God has called us to make a difference and together we can! Please share this post and the website information with anyone and everyone! Spread the word and change the lives of children around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment