Thursday, September 16, 2010

These Autumn Days

Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the cool crisp days, the swirl of leaves in the air, and the smell of apples. The changing colors of the leaves on the trees paint a portrait so perfect and unique every day.  One of my favorite drinks is the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks with its creamy whipped topping mixed with nutmeg and cinnamon. It is a good thing there is not a Starbucks on my way into work; I am sure I would not be able to resist the temptation! I savor homemade soups and stop in often at Panera bread for my favorite chicken and wild rice soup, which I just can't seem to make at home. I enjoy watching the kids play in the leaves and going for walks as a family. I love the pumpkin patch, God's Creation party, which we put on for children every October at our church, and at the end of Fall, the very best meal of the year--Thanksgiving! These Autumn days I am wondering....where is my little Filipino child? Is he or she well taken care of? I am praying that he or she is in a safe place, sheltered, and well cared for. I am praying that possibly, by some miracle, next Autumn, he or she will be here with us, joining in all the family fun. *Sigh* I guess I better get to work on the on-line adoption classes and the dossier paperwork, taking me one step closer to our special "gotcha day" when we bring our little one home to be a part of our family forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment