Thursday, September 30, 2010

"152 Insights into my soul"

I had one of those moments today: totally, completely, uncomfortable, out of my element and wishing I was anywhere but sitting in the psychologist's office. The Philippines requires both parents to take two psychological exams and then meet with the psychologist to go over the results. Staring at the written analysis, it was eerily accurate. I don't know if I have ever had anyone read me so clearly, and it made me feel very exposed. I felt like the girl from "You've Got Mail" ---"152 insights into my soul!" Oh, the things we do for our children! Now, just a few more hours of adoption training, waiting for our final psychologist report, raise another $1,000 or so, fill out several more stacks of paperwork, and we'll be ready for our homestudy. This adoption process is much more emotionally and physically draining than I ever imagined. Please pray with me for strength, finances, and especially for our little boy or girl who is somewhere in an orphanage or children's home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment