Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's official! I'm an international momma to be!

Well, I guess it's official! Darren and I are expecting a new member of the family. No, I am not pregnant, so don't start any rumors. We have started the process of adopting a child from the Phillipines. After several months of gathering paperwork, filling out forms, and today enduring a 2 hour psychological examination, we are well on our way to begin the home study process. It is overwhelming and exhilerating all at the same time. I've decided to start a blog to share our journey with friends, family and anyone interested in adopting. I will be writing over the next several months about our experience and I invite you to join us on our journey. Please pray for us, as I know it will not always be easy. I pray as you read what I write that you will be stirred into action for the millions of orphans throughout the world. God may not ask you to adopt a child, but He may ask you to support someone else who is adopting, or to go on a missions trip, or to start an orphan care ministry in your church. God's heart is for the orphans, the helpless and abused. I pray as you join me in this journey, God will challenge you in some way to become involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment