Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Mother's Heart

Yesterday when I arrived home from work, there was a stack of my son's school work on the table. My little first grader was so excited to show me his work because he had gotten a "check +" on all of them. (Equivalent to an A+). One of the papers made my "mother's heart" burst with pride. He had written a paper that I have to share. (I fixed his spelling for him!!)

"Improving our World" by Micah Lewis
"The world could be improved if everybody believed in God and Jesus. I can walk to a airplane with my Bible and while I am walking I will look for people who don't believe in God and Jesus and if I find someone who doesn't believe in God and Jesus, I will read the Bible and While I am riding on the plane, I will Read the Bible. And I will Read the Bible to the People that don't believe God and Jesus."

Mind you, he is in a public school. When he started Kindergarten last year, we knew we would no longer be able to afford the private Christian school our daughter was attending. With much prayer and a little bit of trepidation on my part, we decided to put them in the school that is directly across the street from our neighborhood. God gave me complete peace with this decision and we actually LOVE it there! I am so proud of my son and I believe God has great plans for his life. Even at this age, he is shinning the light of Jesus in his classroom. Isn't that what God calls us all to do?

I can't wait to see what God has in store for him, Natalie and for our little one in the Philippines. I can't wait for more moments that make my "mother's heart" burst with pride.

(By the way...Micah is still determined that we are going to adopt a boy and a girl and prays about it EVERY night....Hmm...we are going to have to continue to pray about that! I am not sure I can handle another long adoption process like this one!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment