Saturday, August 25, 2012

And...the wait continues!

Another week has come and gone with no word on our daughter's medical and visa appointments.I didn't think this wait from referral to travel would be able to compare in any way whatsoever with the long wait to find out if she was going to be our daughter...I thought it would be WAY easier.  I will admit. I was COMPLETELY wrong. There were times, waiting to find out if we were going to be approved to adopt our little girl, I thought I was going to go out of my mind. When we finally recieved our official referral, I thought to myself, "The wait to travel will just fly by. It will be here before we know it!" The first couple months were alright. I was super busy with my job this summer and I was happy with how quickly the paperwork was coming together on our end. Now, however, I am stalking evey blog, trying to determine why we haven't recieved our call telling us when our daughter will have her medical and visa appointments. I am wondering why it is taking so long! The days pass by slowly...and still no news! This waiting is harder than I expected!  I want to hold her in my arms. I want to bring her home and get her settled into our family. I wonder often, "What is she doing right now?" or "Is she disappointed that it is taking so long for us to come?"

We sent a letter to her through our agency and also a list of questions to her caregivers (through our agency, of course!) that might help us prepare better for her when we finally do get to bring her home. These were sent several weeks ago...and still no response on that end either. I know the Inter-Country Adoption Board is very busy and I shouldn't expect answers quickly, but it is getting harder every day to wait.  At this point, we don't know if we will get to be with her on her birthday. More than likely she will not be HOME by her birthday, but there is a possibility we will get to be with her...so I think I will go shopping this weekend and buy some things to wrap to either take to her or send to her for her birthday.  Maybe shopping for her will help with this difficult wait....Praying we hear something by the first of next week!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jenna,
    I know how bad the waiting at this part is - believe me! It is the WORST! I think part of the problem is that there were two non-working holidays this past week (Monday and Tuesday) and this coming Monday is another non-working holiday in the Philippines. It will happen right in time! We expect to be in the Philippines for Francis' birthday (we confirm travel dates this coming week). We decided not to bring a gift, but since we had been planning on taking him to the toy store there anyway, to bring him there for his birthday and let him pick out his own gift. We'll bring him balloons and a card and let him pick where to eat that day. If you think about it, it's actually a nice thought to have the first birthday you spend with your child in their first home. :) Still praying for you!!! I hope you hear very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna,

    Jennifer is right - this really is the hardest part of all. When we were waiting for news to travel to Zairah we received ONE update from ICAB in the 3 months it took. Please don't be alarmed that you have heard nothing yet. I know that in Australia we generally hear nothing. ICAB are very good at this and the orphanages (especially ours :) )advocate to get our kiddos home ASAP. Even though we hear nothing please comfort yourself by knowing that the big wheel turns very efficiently over there and even though you aren't seeing it - they are working to get her home to you ASAP. I definitely struggled with this part the most too. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete