Monday, August 1, 2011

More Bumps

I haven't written again in so long because, first of all, it has been a crazy summer and second of all...we are STILL waiting to get our dossier finished in order to mail it to the Philippines. I have been so frustrated that I didn't even want to write about it!!! We finally recieved a I-800 A approval over three weeks ago. We thought all our other paperwork was ready to go, but our agency found two more things which we need to update before we send it in. So, I have a doctor's appointment on Friday to re-do my medical exam and we just received the paper back from the psychologist which was not previously notarized. I know God's timing is perfect, but we never really expected the paperwork on the US end to take this long. We have also been putting in requests for informaiton on several children from the waiting children list, but every time we ask, the child is already on hold for someone else. I am glad the children are in the process of getting adopted, but I don't really understand how the waiting chidlren list works for the Philippines! We cannot seem to even get information on any of the children on the list. In the mean time, we did recieve a HUGE praise report! We are going to recieve a $4,000 grant toward our adoption expenses from Show Hope!!! I am super excited about this!!!  I know God is working, but it is hard to see and understand His timing. My kids are even sensing the frustration. My son, Micah who is 6 years old said this in his bedtime prayers the other night, "Lord, please help this adoption thing to hurry up and the new kid to come home soon!" I have to concur with that prayer! Please pray for the paperwork to be expidited and for us to find our child on the waiting child list soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment